Monday, July 13, 2009

Here we go a dieting....

Okay. So, I've been on a diet since February after I started my current desk/office job where I gained something like 11 pounds in two months. I was already struggling with my weight after college. When I was in college, I was between 130 and 135 at all times. After I graduated from college (2005), I dropped about 5-8 pounds. Then, when I started my first job out of college, I gained it all back....and then some....and then some more.....and suddenly, I was almost 30 pounds heavier than what I was in college! I dropped that weight down to about 152 a little over a year later, then dropped it down some more to 145 for a little while, but then gained it back and pretty much stayed steady until this past December when I started my new desk job. So, in February, I became determined to lose the weight I gained since I was NOT happy about being 163 pounds. I worked hard, and dropped down to 149.5. 
It's now July 13- two days after my 26th birthday- and after a particularly bad weekend of binge eating in celebration of my birthday, I realized I have to come up with a creative way to get rid of these last 16 pounds. 
So, I came up with two fantastic ideas:
1. Make some realistic monthly goals, in addition to my long term goal.
2. Start blogging about my weight loss adventure!

Goals

Long Term
Target Weight- 130 - 135 pounds by Nov 13 (the day I leave for my trip to Mexico for my sister's wedding)

Short Term
Today's Weight- 149.5
By Aug 13- 145 lbs
By Sept 13- 141 lbs
By Oct 13 - 138 lbs
By Nov 13 - 134 lbs

It sounds reasonable and realistic, so here we go!!!! 

No comments: