Thursday, July 16, 2009

Belated Weigh-In Update

So, Wednesdays are going to be my weigh-in days, and as always I hopped on the scale Wednesday morning. Not bad. Not great, either. I didn't really lose any weight over the course of the week, but on the plus side, I didn't gain any either, which is good given that it was a weekend of birthday celebrations including ice cream, kettle cooked potato chips, Mexican food (including tortilla chips and strawberry margaritas), Five Guys, Famous Daves...etc etc. :) So not gaining was a good thing!
Either way, it didn't set me back. So that's a bonus.
Changing the subject abruptly, I must say I am happy with the overhaul on the Healthy Choice food line. I have tried three of their new entrees and they are pretty good. It's a nice switch from the LeanCuisine and SmartOnes. 
The three I have tried are: Tomato Basil Penne which is also vegetarian, and only 5 WW points. Pasta, basil and tomatoes with EVOO. I bought that one on a whim at Pick N Save because I figured it sounded so basic that it couldn't possibly be ruined to the point that a little salt and pepper couldn't fix it!
Portabella Spinach Parmesan, another vegetarian option. I'm not as big a fan as this one, but it is still quite tasty. Also, only 5 WW points. Pair either of these entrees with a fat free yogurt for 100 calories, and you have a 7 point lunch.
My new favorite that I just tried today is the Honey Ginger Chicken and it is delicious. My only complaint is that I find it to be just a bit too sweet. So if you don't like sweet things, or you don't like ginger, this one definitely isn't for you.
So, while Healthy Choice used to be very low on my list of frozen lunch entrees, they seem to be doing a very good job of getting new entrees that actually taste like food. Unfortunately for me, the Pick N Save in both Glendale and Shorewood don't carry very many of them...hopefully soon! Do you hear me, Pick N Save??

No comments: