Thursday, September 23, 2010

Going to TRY and follow through with this...again...

So, I have sadly neglected this blog, and I've also sadly neglected my diet. :( I've noticed some of my clothes aren't fitting properly lately and a hop on the scale told me why- I've regained about 8-10 pounds over the last few months! :( Big, huge sad face. So I decided to start dieting again. Instead of making a huge goal like I did in 2009 (was at 163ish, need to be down to under 140 for my big Mexico trip in November), I'm going to do some little goals.
My first little goal is to lose 5 pounds by October 29. Why October 29? I'm taking a mini-vacation to Door County over that weekend. It's about 5 weeks away. I need to lose a pound a week. Not a bad goal.
Right now, I am hovering at about 146.5 lbs. If I can manage to lose 1 pound per week, I should be around 141.5-142 lbs by October 29.
The challenges I think I'm going to face this time around is my unpredictable work schedule. For the majority of 2009 I had a "9-5" job of sorts. Now I have a weird schedule where I work 4 hour shifts until 8pm two days a week, 8 hour shifts two days a week, am off (for now...) on Fridays, work Saturday mornings and then am off again until Monday afternoon. It makes for eating healthy when I get home from work at 8:30 a challenge. But hell, I lost 30 pounds in 2009- I can eat healthy despite my weird schedule and lose 10 pounds before 2011!!
Here goes nothing! :)

No comments: