Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Blog Revamp!

I've decided that my weight loss blog needed a "makeover" of sorts since I have been lax in keeping up with it. :) So I decided to expand my blog to include frugal living, since I still have no job. The "good" part about having lots of free time is that I also have lots of free time to come up with cooking ideas, rather than just eating prepackaged food (okay, not that I cook very much, especially in the summer because summer is when Andy grills out a lot). For example, last week, we took this Wisconsin Native's Beer Cheese Soup recipe that I found on AllRecipes and added Sprecher Black Bavarian Beer to it. It was absolutely delicious (albeit anything but healthy with the 6 cups of cheese and an entire stick of butter). In terms of frugality, however, I had spent about $4 on a cup of beer cheese soup at a coffee shop, making an entire pot of beer cheese soup was much more economical. We did end up inviting over my parents and our neighbor to help us consume the beer cheese soup that night so that we wouldn't have leftovers, but under normal circumstances, we could freeze leftovers.
Anywho, I will also soon be renaming the blog to reflect that new changes. For now, it's been temporarily titled "Lauren's Healthy & Frugal Living" but I'm going to spend some time brainstorming a more clever name. :)

No comments: